On May 22, 2009, The Sims 3 hits the torrents, and modders all over the world start to fiddle with the code, decrypting and deciphering. As soon as the first tools are released, it becomes clear that TS3 core mods will have to follow the Highlander rule: there can be only one.
Just like any normal early work, Awesomemod was a Work In Progress, and as such, also prone to bugs, malfunctions, crashes and cooties... if you could tell them apart from existing EA borkedness, anyway.
As of February 2011 this mod is quite stable. It is updated often for expansion release/patch compatibility, bug fixes (read: EA phail fixes), and/or added features. Most experimental features are marked clearly on the configuration page and can be enabled or disabled.
Now with MOAR features!
AWESOMEMOD BASE FEATURES (as of 02/16/11)
- Rabbit Hole Owners Now Properly Registered-Game was not properly registering ownership of a rabbithole, allowing other sims to overwrite the ownership and mess up the owning sim. Owner must now sell the existing rabbit hole before another sim can attempt to purchase it. Deeds will no longer be autopurged from inventory even general inventory purges are permitted.
- Weird IgnorantBliss Bug where hanging out with co-workers would error if the co-workers had managed to somehow disappear while the tone was set should be eliminated.
- Derelict Vehicles will now be regularly cleaned up.
- ActiveTopic Null Fix for topic being added to/about uninstantiated sim.
- Uninstantiated Sim being promoted to Rocker no longer throws wobbly.
- Fixes bug where you could learn recipes from someone which that person did not actually know to be able to share.
- Should no longer lose performance if hired for work on the same day as a work day due to being unable to go to work.
- Correct animation now plays when the attacker loses a fight: Defender is no longer animated as the attacker if the attacker initiates a fight but then loses.
- Fire Worker list now correctly lists all sims for owned rabbitholes when the rabbithole has multiple careers: Previously would omit workers in other tracks at random.
- Setting lot type of lot no longer destroys name/desc.
- Kleptomaniacs can steal again: EA broke it so you could only steal if you had been GREETED...which is impossible on a community lot, and in any case WHY WOULD YOU NEED A FRIENDLY INVITE TO STEAL THINGS?
- Visiting CAS dresser/mirror no longer destroys career outfit.
- Active/Sacred Sims will no longer suddenly find themselves the parent of some random vacation locals.
- Sims invited over for chess/kungfu/whatever will no longer give the "Something Suddenly Came Up" excuse even while you can clearly see they are doing nothing.
- Eating Ambrosia before an aging transition occurs now correctly prevents the aging transition rather than dropping the age, but then transitioning later anyway.
- Keystones now stackable. Skellington Keys can now be moved in inventory.
- Sufficient Kung Fu Level Now Properly Grants Catacomb Immunity. Sims with good Kung Fu were supposed to get an ImmuneToBadCatacombEvents, but this feature was never checked and therefore did not work. Fixed now.
- Mix Master Nectar Skill challenge now completable and will not be lost while travelling. More "top" nectar recipes will be listed as a side effect of this: You may have to achieve more listed recipes for this to take.
- Nectar in other households now ages properly.
- Sarcophagi with triggered quest behaviors can now be looked in even if they have already been looked in by another sim in the past.
- Sims can no longer "Put Away" books brought on vacation when vacation home lot is a base camp, thus losing the books in a random bookshelf.
- Sims no longer lose the ability to start advanced romances after ending an existing one. To fix previously broken sims, type "fixall".
- Kludge for bad A/YA CAS Parts: A/YA parts will always show for both even if incorrectly flagged by inept creators, as there is no logical reason why it should be for one and not the other, due to identical meshes.
- Take All Button no longer results in orphaned objects lost in space if for some reason the objects contained could not be added to the taker's inventory.
- Skill Gain Modifiers should be much less likely to incorrectly accumulate to massive values. Vampire Skilling Benefit is now applied only once, instead of every time you reload your game. Use "fixall" to correct previously bad values in your neighborhood.
INTERFACE & CONTROL-GENERAL
- "Q" no longer attempts to quit game. Use ALT-F4!
INTERFACE & CONTROL FEATURES - SUPREME COMMANDER
Supreme Commander-Advanced neighborhood UI & Macro Command System.
Supreme Commander is an auto-pilot and tracking system for Sims. It can be used for skilling, collecting, jobs, school, or to keep a Sim alive (if it's not a complete tard) and out of trouble. When used, Supreme Commander will calculate the most efficient way to acheive the goal selected and direct the Sim to do those tasks.
For more detailed information on the use of Supreme Commander please see the Wikka page Awesomemod Supreme Commander.
GAMEPLAYGAMEPLAY FEATURES: CORE BEHAVIORS
- More Rigorous Accounting: Sims do not receive magic 16K handout when moving out or split: Instead, sims receive share of existing household funds. Sims that move in or out no longer receive free housing or free money, do not lose their house networth, and may only move into houses that they can afford and must pay for! No free lunch!
GAMEPLAY FEATURES: Careers, Jobs, & School
- Anti-Townie-Spam Boss/Coworker System-Eliminates the unnecessary sim-spamming. Boss/Coworker NPCs will only be spawned if you attempt to interact with them or if they are actually required. Merges and deprecates RequireValidBosses and EmulateBossBug. Otherwise you will receive a "virtual" NPC, which will not be created until you try to interact by choosing appropriate work tones, or an already existing sim.
- Chosen sims should now consult you for career branch decisions even if not in the active household.
- Sims with unfinished homework now automatically select the complete homework tone in school, so inactive household sims no longer always fail.
GAMEPLAY FEATURES: Objects & Object Usage
- No Idiotic Time Restrictions on Cooking-Can cook any meal anytime you damn well please.
- Shower In A Can Changes-May restore bladder motive if Universal Bladder Decay enabled. Don't Ask. Grants "Soaked" moodlet to prevent problem where sim automatically uses, then immediately catches fire again, over and over until all cans are consumed.
- Fish spawners will now display the fish if placed in pools. If an actual fish spawner is present, pools may be fished without special traits.
GAMEPLAY FEATURES: Socialization
- Inappropriate Trait Actions for saying mean things about other sims can now be accepted and will not offend the listener if they are mean and/or do not like the victim. Previously these actions would somehow offend the listener, which makes no sense given that they never liked that other person to begin with!
- Light Cloning: Newly placed lights automatically inherit the light settings of previously placed lights, preferentially favoring lights of the same type, then other lights, for setting choice.
AWESOMEMOD PEASANT CONFIGURABLE FEATURES
In addition to the numerous bug fixes and added basic features, Awesomemod provides over 100 user configurable features to fine tune the mod. These features allow the user to tweak many aspects of the game.
The easiest way to configure these features is to go here, select the desired options, and generate the config file to place in the same folder as Awesomemod. A detailed listing and some expanded explanation of these features are available at the Awesomemod Peasant Configurable Features page of the wikka.
Awesomemod Story Mode is a replacement for the EA Story Progression Feature. With either EA or Awesome Story Mode the user can choose specific families to be immune from from the Story Progression. Control-Clicking a sim/house will offer the option to "Make Sacred" or "Remove Sacred". The Chosen receive a gold halo on their house and on their tracking tags when tracked on radar. You may switch instantly between the Chosen household with CRTL-RClick. This feature will only function if you are using the EA-based or Awesome Story drivers. Other third-party drivers do not use this.
Note that Story Progression and the ageing options are two completely separate features.
View the Awesomemod Story Mode wikka page for more detail on this feature.
CONSOLE & DEBUG FEATURES (HINT: CTRL+SHIFT+C)
Awesomemod Console & Debug Features enhance and expand on the standard EA console commands. Use code "showconfig" to see all current AwesomeMod configurations. See Awesomemod Console & Debug wikka page for a list of commands.
User must have framework already installed. If you can't figure that out then this mod is not for you.
None. Any user problems can generally be attributed to: Crappy computer, EA Phail, user reading comprehension, framework, or search phail, and/or user's inability to understand the beauty of logic.
Base: 1.19 & Corresponding expansions
Compatible with all Awesomeware.
Do not attempt to install with other core script mods. It will not work.
There can be only one.